Chicken Bone Broth is considered as a traditional natural healing drink throughout the world. The bone with meat can be a delicious chicken bone broth recipe which is healthy and full of nutrients. Chicken bone broth contains powerful micronutrients, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids, etc which are a very important component to make our body healthy.
When you cook chicken bone with meat for hours at low heat, all vitamin and minerals dissolve into the water. It becomes a very powerful drink and can work as a home remedy for various physical problems. This immune-boosting broth is very helpful for sick people and especially for those who don’t feel like eating. Chicken bone broth is one kind of storehouse of nutrients which assists the healing process.
Is chicken bone broth is different from chicken stock?
Temperature and cooking time are two main variables in making any bone broth. How much time will take as cooking time, the more minerals and vitamins will pull out from the bone. The bones sometimes become quite soft that many people like to eat.
A perfect bone broth takes 12 to 24 hours to cook. But if don’t have enough time or if you have a digestive problem then you can make chicken stock. Chicken bone broth recipe and the stock recipe is same just cooking time is quite short. Stock takes only 2 to 4 hours.
As we said, the temperature is a very important variable of cooking the bone broth. The broth needs first few minutes only a soft boil then keeps it to simmer for a long period of time. Many health-giving components can destroy under high heat. Cooking this way, broth can protect more amounts of nutrients.
Chicken bone broth recipe
- Water as needed (usually 4 liters water needs for 1-2 kg bones).
- 2 kg chicken bones or 1 whole and organic pastured chicken.
- 2-4 chicken feet (If you take whole chicken then it is not mandatory).
- Apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon (30 ml). If it not available in your kitchen then you can use 2 t. spoon of lemon juice.
- 1-2 t. spoon quality sea salt.
- 4 onions cut into the quarter.
- 5 cloves garlic.
- 4 inches of ginger cut into small pieces.
- 6 stalks of organic celery cut into large pieces.
- 2-4 organic zucchinis cut into large pieces.
- 8 organic carrots cut into large pieces.
- 4-8 organic peppercorns.
- 1 large bunch of parsley.
- Clean the chicken and bones perfectly.
- Put them into a large pot. Glass or stainless steel will be best.
- Pour water into the pot. Water must cover all ingredients at least 2”.
- Add apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. These will helps to pull out the minerals and vitamins from bones.
- Keep it till soft boil. Don’t let reach the broth to the point of a fast boil. Now low the heat and keep it in simmer and skim the foam off the top.
- Now add all ingredients except the parsley. Let it cook on low heat to simmer.
- Let it cook continuously and after some time, remove the upper foam. After 1-2 hours the chicken becomes enough tender to pull out from the bone easily.
- Remove the chicken from the cooking pot with a large ladle and large tongs. Hold the chicken on the pot for a few moments to let drain the excess cavity of the chicken.
- Remove away the skin from the chicken. Pull out the meat from the bone and keep aside to use in other dishes like soup or salads.
- Return back the bones into the broth.
- Now simmer the bones with vegetables from 12 to 24 hours to perfectly make the bone broth. This period of time is essential to dissolve all minerals of the bones into the liquid completely.
- Add the parsley to the broth from 12 to 15 minutes before the cooking is finished. It will add extra minerals and ions into the broth.
- The chicken bones and feet (if you used) remove from the broth.
- Vegetables and other ingredients remove from the broth and keep aside if you want to use it latter.
- Let the broth cool down completely. Now it is ready to use any other dishes or plain drink. Freeze the excess amount of broth for future use.
Use & store process:
As we see the chicken bone broth recipe is quite simple and easy anyone can make it without any hassle. But the use and store process of the broth is also very easy.
Use of chicken bone broth:
- Drink the bone broth straight as a worm snacks. The taste is really very good and it is a great drink when you are feeling sick. It will help to immune build for every day. It is the wonderful replacement of nutrients.
- Use the chicken bone broth in other dishes like stews, soup or chili to add extra flavor and health benefits.
- You can use the broth in cooking your rice or cauli rice instead of water.
- Steam your vegetable with the chicken bone broth to make it more beneficial.
- Mashed you cauliflower or potatoes with the broth.
- Use it to marinate something.
Store to the refrigerator:
- Allow to cool the broth completely. Store the broth in a glass jar into the refrigerator. It will be perfect from 7 to 10 days.
Store to the freeze:
- Let the bone broth come to the room temperature or keep it to the refrigerator overnight to prepare for freezing. Pour the liquid into a glass container leaving about an inch room on the top of the jar. This extra space will helps the liquid to enough expand when it freezes. The wide-mouthed mason jars, lidded Pyrex containers, and other recycled glass made jars are the best options for storing chicken bone broth.
Chicken Bone Broth Benefits
Chicken bone broth contains some natural ingredients that can repair, feeds and calms the lining in the gut. This plays a vital role to make you healthier. The wonderful benefits of the chicken bone broth are:
- It contains the highest amount of nutrients. It is rich in minerals and vitamins including phosphorous, magnesium, calcium and other components which are essential for your better health.
- It is rich in gelatin, which can aid in your digestion.
- It contains collagen which is good for your skin, hair, gut, and nails.
- It is full of vitamins A, D and K which able to heal to the intestinal tract.
- This magical drink can reduce your inflammation. It is able to soothe inflammation and relieve arthritis.
- It can enhance the results of intermittent fasting, Keto, Paleo diets. Though the broth is available in any super shop but as the chicken bone broth recipe is very simple, you can cook it in your own kitchen to make it more powerful and flavorful drink.
- It contains beneficial amino acids like:
- Glycine: It helps liver detoxification.
- Proline: It is the key component of repairing the tissue.
- This liquid helps to produce the hydrochloric acid for digesting properly.
- It makes strengthen and heals the connective tissue.
Notes for the chicken bone broth recipe
- You can use apple cider vinegar or simply white vinegar.
- You can add some mineral salt to bring out more flavors after cooking.
- Keep the vegetables lifted from bone booths in a ziplock bag into the freezer and use it in other dishes later.
- Before storing the broth in the freezer, let it cool completely.
Some more tips
- Must use the best quality organic chicken and vegetables in your chicken bone broth recipe.
- If you don’t have a crockpot for cooking then use a large stockpot. Keep your eyes on the pot as it simmers.
- Try to use chicken feet in your broth as it is the most gelatinous portions of the animal, it can make your broth a successful medicinal liquid.
- This is a money saving tip for you! You can use vegetable scraps from other dishes instead of buying additional veggies. Because the scraps can do the same things that veggies can do. The examples of the vegetable scraps are onion skins, potato skins, zucchini, carrot and celery ends and whatever you have on your hands.
- Don’t throw out the vegetable after cooking the broth. Use them into the other dishes or have it after some processing. Blend them with a small amount of water and add some pepper and salt as taste. Trust me, it will be a very delicious vegetable soup and healthy as well.
The chicken bone broth is very popular among health conscious people. It is a powerful home remedy for various health problems. As the recipe is very easy and the ingredients are very simple you should try it in your kitchen. Add this magical drink in your daily diet and make yourself healthy.