The bone broth diet plan becomes a very popular issue for the health conscious people. If you are worried about your extra weight and want to get return your perfect body-shape then the bone broth can help you in right way.
Undoubtedly the bone broth is a very powerful and healthy drink. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and other compounds which are important for the human body. The bone broth diet plan combines the principles of Paleo diet and intermittent fasting with allowing you to take the great benefits of it.
Users refer that, it is incredibly effective and beneficial in terms of skin health, weight loss even improving joint functions. Definitely, many relative questions have arisen in your mind about the diet of bone broth. For your convenience, here we discuss almost all related terms of bone broth diet. Stay with us.
What is bone broth diet?
The bone broth diet is a 21-day meal plan that includes a Paleo diet for five days and fasting for two days per week. The 21 days bone broth diet is popularized by the famous nutritionist Dr. Kellyann Petrucci. She wrote several books on weight loss and diet on bone broth.
On the five days of eating Paleo, you are allowed to drink from one to three cups of broth along with other foods. During this five days period sugar, dairy, soy, gluten, and grains should be restricted. On fasting days you can drink from three cups to six cups of bone broth. Basically, this Paleo diet plan is managed by increasing the amount of bone broth on a daily basis. You have to leave all of your snacks and other meals throughout the day.
The supporter of this plan claims that the diet of bone broth results in better skin, quick weight loss, decreased inflammation and improved gut health. Bone broth is such a drink that you can consume is various way instead of following any specific diet plan. Let’s take a look.
The way you can add bone broth in your regular meal without any specific diet plan
Bone broth is a very healthy and powerful drink that we already come to know that. Many nutritionists advise diet plan with it to losing extra weight.
You should keep the bone broth in your daily food menu even you are free from any extra weight-related problems. Do you think how can you add bone broth to everyday food menu? Here is your solution.
- Bone broth is enough tasty to drink on its own. But you can add some vegetables and spices according to your taste to make it more delicious.
- Alter your daily tea or coffee with healthy bone broth.
- Though there are some differences between bone broth and regular stock you can you use it as a stock to make a tasty and healthy soup.
- Bone broth has some medical healing and beauty treatment compounds. So, you can use it as a home remedy also.
- As you can store broth for a few days to make a large branch so it is easy to take it as a quick meal.
- Use bone broth in other recipes. This will help bring variations on your other food flavors. Along with it, the nutrient quality of the food will increase and much more.
How It Works for Weight Loss
Though there are no published reports have been found so far regarding weight loss by bone breasts but many people consider that it can do.
The famous nutritionist Kellyann Petrucci writes the book on bone broth diet. She set up 21-days studies drive by different health experts. The participant of this study lost up to 4 inches and up to 15 pounds in their measurements.
But Petrucci neither report on average weight loss nor did she compare the bone broth diet with other standards calorie-reduced diet. Moreover, she didn’t state whether the applicant kept off the weight. Another important thing is that there isn’t any other study have found at whether the broth helps to reduce overweight.
However, according to some reports, the following diet plans can be combined with bone broth to reduce weight. These are:
1. Intermittent Fasting
According to the review of various studies, the intermittent fasting with bone broth helps to reduce excess weight for some participant. Its do better than comparing to other continuous calorie restriction.
2. Paleo diet
In a study of three weeks, excess weight participant of Paleo diet decrease 1-4 inch or 0.5 cm from their waistline and lost 5 pounds or 2.3 kg. On the other hand, some other studies show that there is no difference between the standard reduce-calorie diets (2, 3) and Paleo.
3. Low-carb diet
Some participant reviewed that low-carb diet able to reduce 1.5 to 9 pounds that means 0.7 to 4 kg more weight than the standard reduced calorie diets. But according to some other authentic reviews that are can do the same or a little bit more than the competitor.
These three combinations of dietary approaches with bone broth may help you to lose weight.
A question may arise in your mind that is bone broth can really do anything against extra weight? Actually, we can’t show you any published evidence to prove in really the bone broth is effective to weight loss or not. But it’s true that indirectly bone broth can promote your weight loss battle. Let’s see how:
- Bone broth can eliminate hunger without adding weights. It is a very important aspect of losing weight.
- Broth can builds collagen. It helps heal wrinkles.
- It can energize your body and helps to get rid of toxins.
- Broth helps to prevent digestive problems like IBS and diverticulitis.
- It can mitigate the joints and helps to resolve various symptom of arthritis. It will keep your joint relax during movement and exercise.
- Help your body to get rid of the inflammation that can be a vital cause of gain extra weight.
Bone broth diet for vegetarians
Are you vegetarian? Sorry to say bone broth diet will suit you. For making actual bone broth you must have to use animal’s bones and meat. You may think that vegetable broth can do the same instead of bone broth. But vegetable broth doesn’t have the same benefits and nutrients as the animal’s bone made broth contain. So it is not the right choice in this plan.
You have just one option only. It is a fish. The fishbone broth contains the same vitamins and minerals that the animal’s bone made broth has. If you don’t have any problem with fish then can take the benefits of Dr. Petrucci’s program.
How can you follow the bone broth diet?
The bone broth diet includes the bellow listed healthy diet for five days per week. You have to take only bone broth twice in each week like the intermittent fasting. In total, the diet should be followed for 21 days. 15 days of them eating over the course and 6 days will be bone broth fasting day of the entire plan.
You should separate the fasting days by at least one regular eating day.
On the eating days, you have to drink from one to three cups of broth each day as snacks. You have to limit some ingredients such as gluten, grains, soy, dairy, sugar, and processed foods. During the fasting days, you are allowed to drink one cup of bone broth for each meal only with some snacks. Consume unlimited of liquid such as herbal tea and plain water is a must.
For your conveniences, here we include a sample bone broth diet meal plan for both bone broth fasting and eating days. Let’s have a look.
The sample of bone broth fasting days
- Breakfast- One cup of bone broth.
- Snack- One cup of bone broth.
- Lunch- One cup of bone broth.
- Snack- One cup of bone broth.
- Dinner- One cup of bone broth.
The sample of eating days
- Breakfast- One portion protein, one portion fruit, one portion fat.
- Snack- One cup of bone broth.
- Lunch- One portion protein, one portion fat, two portions of vegetables.
- Snack- One cup of bone broth.
- Dinner- One portion fat, one portion protein, two portions of vegetables.
Who can participate in this bone broth diet plan?
The bone broth diet is safe for every healthy adult. Usually, this diet has minimal adverse side effects. This diet pattern is really useful for those people who want to boost their weight loss program, support healthy digestion, improve joint function and decrease inflammation.
To make sure that the diet is appropriate for you or not, you can try a small seven-day bone broth diet plan. If you feel okay then go for the big one. For making your diet plan more effective and successful you will get plenty of bone broth diet tips, instructions, and advice. So, it’s not very difficult to follow at all.
However, everyone is not fitted to follow this diet plan. If you are pregnant and nursing, you should not it. It is a very crucial period for every woman and you must not apply for any experimental program during this time without consulting your physician. Not only that, diabetes and kidney patient also should take advice from their doctor before attending this diet plan.
Foods that you can eat during the diet
During your bone broth diet, you are not allowed to eat everything. On your non-fasting days, you can choose your meal from these whole and minimally processes foods list. Try to find organic food. It will be best for you.
Examples of allowed foods are:
- Vegetables- Nonstarchy vegetables such as tomatoes, greens, broccoli, asparagus and summer squash.
- Protein- Eggs, fish, beef, chicken. Try to find pastured, grass-fed or organic proteins.
- Healthy fats- Olive oil, nuts, coconut oil, avocados, and ghee (clarified butter).
- Fruits- Kiwi, citrus fruits, melons, berries, apples. You can take fruits just one portion only per day.
- Flours- Coconut flour and almond flour.
- Condiments-Vinegar, salsa, other spices, salt (Celtic or pink Himalayan).
- Beverage- Water, coffee, herbal tea.
Foods that you have to avoid during the diet
You are recommended to avoid some specific foods during your 21- day bone broth diet plan to increase fat burning, support gut health and reduce inflammation.
Examples of must eliminate foods are:
- Refined fats- Common vegetable fats such as margarine and canola oil.
- Grains- Barley, rye, wheat and all other grains which contain gluten. You have to leave gluten free grains also such as oats, quinoa, rice, and corn.
- Sugar- All forms of refined sugars such as maple syrup, honey, and table sugar.
- Processed fruit- Fruit juice, dried fruit, and sweetened fruit.
- Potatoes- All potatoes are prohibited except sweet potatoes.
- Sugar substitutes- Artificial sweeteners such as acesulfame K, sucralose, and aspartame. You have to leave natural sugar substitutes also along with stevia.
- Dairy products- Butter, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, and milk also.
- Legumes- Peanut butter, peanuts, soy products, and beans.
- Beverages- All alcoholic beverages and soda (regular and diet).
Effective guidelines for bone broth diet
To make effective your bone broth diet we share some guidelines here. Try to follow them to get a better result.
- Try to make your own bone broth. Using organic and pasture-raised animal’s bones will be the best option.
- The diet recommends using neck, feet, joint and knuckle bones because they are rich in cartilage.
- Use some spices and vegetables according to your taste. It will add extra flavor to the broth.
Benefits of bone broth diet
The bone broth diet claims to improve inflammation, gut health, skin wrinkles, blood sugar control, and joint pain. Though these benefits are not been documented in any reviewed study but as bone broth is very much powerful drink you can consume it regularly.
1. Improve blood sugar
Generally, weight loss helps to improve blood sugar. In this diet plan, taking excess carbs are restricted. This restriction is to keep the effect on improving blood sugar. People with type 2 diabetes recently share their reviews of reduced-calorie diets that, for improving blood sugar control the low-carb diet is more effective than low-fat diets.
Moreover, various studies also suggest that the low-carb diet is more effective than the reduced calorie diet to decrease the calorie level for control the type 2 diabetes. So, throughout the world, it is considered that loW-carb diet is the best option for diabetes management.
Bone broth diet is a great low-carb diet and can give wonderful support for controlling diabetes.
2. Make skin glowing
We have already come to know that bone broth contains a large amount of collagen. Dr. Petrucchi claims that drinking bone broth on a regular basis can help to diminish wrinkles. Plenty of studies suggest taking collagen supplements because it can reduce skin wrinkles noticeably than other remedies.
According to the study collagen consumption can decrease the wrinkle formations, dry skin and other sign of aging and the bone broth is undoubtedly a good source of collagen.
3. Improve gut health
Nutritionists claim that the collagen in bone broth is able to heal your gut. It is one of the best benefits of the bone broth. Various studies show that some components of collagen including the glutamine, glycine, and amino acids able to promote gut health.
Usually, most of the disease starts from the gut and they strengthen the mucosal lining of the digestive tract. Plenty of studies show that those people contain a lower level of collagen whose are often goes under the digestive issues.
4. Reduced inflammation
Acute inflammation is the natural self-protective process. But when it is lasting for a longer period than necessary, then plenty of painful and chronic conditions can be developed. According to the study, the proline and glycine and effectively reduce the inflammation. You can get a big amount of these amino acids by following bone broth diet.
On the other hand, many linked obesity to an increased release of inflammatory elements. The bone broth diet is a weight loss diet which may reduce inflammation.
5. Improve joint health
The main causes of joint pain can be inflammation due to obesity and extra strain on joints. So, following the bone broth diet, you can lose your extra weight which may reduce joint pain.
Many studies found a strong link between bone broth and joint health. As a result of damaged or weak connective tissue, you may often suffer from aching joints and arthritis. Bone broth contains plenty of proteins and nutrients. Consuming broth in balanced amounts can help your ligaments and tendons to rebuild and get stronger.
Moreover, bone broth contains collagen which is the major component of cartilage. The cartilage is cushioned knees and other joints of body parts. That’s why many nutritionists refer to bone broth diet to improve joint health.
Hope you are clear about what are bone broth diet and its importance in the human body. Basically, this powerful nutrient-rich drink is quite popular to the health conscious people. The recipe of bone broth is very easy and simple moreover you can store it for a few days by making a large branch. That’s the diet plan with also become very popular day by day. If you are also interested to follow this plan for the first time then don’t forget to discuss your physician before starting. All the best.
— THE END – –