Beef bone broth is a very popular drink like as chicken bone broth. It contains a very amount of protein and minerals. This golden worm liquid can revive you during the cold day of the winter season. If you are trying to follow a low-carb diet then the beef bone broth may be the ideal meal for you.
The slow cook beef bone broth contains a high amount of collagen, amino acids, and proteins. These components are essential for our health and maintain body fitness. The grass-fed beef bones can provide as much protein as you need on a regular basis. If you don’t try it yet then stay with us, here we will share the best broth recipe using beef bones.
A Simple But Nutritious Recipe:
To make a delicious and powerful drink with beef please make sure the bones should be from the organic animals. Not only the bones, but other ingredients should be also organic.
You can ask your butcher, he must help you to get organic beef bones. Many super shops also sell organic beef bones. Collect bones from your available source and store them into the freezer for easy use. Follow the bellow recipe step by step to make the delicious beef bone broth.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 24 hours
Yield : 1.5 to 2 liters.
- 1.5 kg or 3-4 lb of mixed organic beef bones (neck bones, knuckles, oxtail, and short ribs)
- 3 liters or about 12 cups pure filtered water.
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons (60 ml) of apple cider vinegar. If it not available in your kitchen then you can use 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 2 organic medium size carrots peeled and cut into large pieces.
- 2 organic medium size onions peeled and cut in the quarter.
- 3 stalks of organic celery cut into large pieces.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Few pieces of garlic cloves (it’s optional).
- A few peppercorns.
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C or 400˚F
- Clean the beef bones along and other vegetables perfectly.
- Take an ovenproof roasting pan or a sheet and place the bones in a single layer. Brush the coconut oil or olive oil over the bones layer.
- Roast the bones first for 30 minutes. Now flip each bone over and again roast them for an additional 30 minutes. This process will brown the bones and add delicious flavor and lovely color to the broth.
- Cut the vegetables according to the instructions.
- Take a large broth cooking pot and place the roasted bones into it. Now add vegetables, peppercorns, bay leaf, vinegar, and garlic (if using) into the pot. Cover the all ingredients with water completely. This time you need a high flame to bring to boil the water.
- Once the water of the pot starts boiling reduce the heat as low as your stove allow. Leave the broth simmer for 12 to 24 hours. If necessary you can add filtered water from time to time. If you use slow cooker then first use high simmer. When the water starts boiling then set it to low and cook for the same time.
- Check and stir the broth after few times throughout simmering.
- Once the broth has reached a rich, dark brown color, remove the pot from the flame.
- Now strain the liquid and let it be cool completely. Vegetables and other ingredients remove from the broth and keep aside if you want to use them later.
- Once the broth comes to the room temperature pour it into the glass jars. Keep the broth into the refrigerator until the excess fat congeals on the top.
- Now it is ready to use any other dishes or plain drink. Store the excess amount of broth for future use.
- Before serving the broth, skim the top fat. You can store the beef bone broth in an airtight container into the freezer for 5 to 7 days long. You can freeze it into the ice-cube trays for quick use also.
The health benefits of beef bone broth
The beef bone broth is such kind of dish which is fully cost-effective, easy to make and quite versatile. This golden drink considers a healthier and powerful home remedy for various health problems.
The broth can increase and add flavor in various dishes like stews, soups, and others. Homemade beef bone broth is rich in minerals and nutrients. Here we listed some beef bone broth benefits which will make you interested in drinking this liquid if you have not tried it yet.
1. Beef bone broth for digestion
Beef bones contain a huge amount of collagen which is one of the building blocks of tendons, calcified bones, ligaments, and other connective tissue. At the time of simmer the bones, the collagen slowly render down and start releasing gelatin.
Gelatin is a jellylike consistency, hydrophilic or water-desorbing protein which gives both chilled and desserts beef stock. Hydrophilic compound like gelatin hold and attracts liquids along with digestive juices for supporting the proper digestion. It also works seal up the holes in intestines that helps cure constipation, chronic diarrhea, and some food intolerances also.
2. Contain minerals
Beef bone broth contains a huge amount of minerals which promote bone health. The magnesium in the broth supports strong bone formation during the early growing stage of children. It also prevents osteoporosis at the declines in the later years of bone health.
This amazing drink provides calcium that supports the array of body processes, including bone growth, nerve-impulse transmission, muscle contraction, and comprises almost 99 percent of bone tissue.
3. Improve the joint health
Various researches show that bone broth can improve joint health. It helps to reduce aching joints, arthritis, and renew the damaged connective tissue. The proteins and nutrients in the beef bone broth can your ligaments and tendons to rebuilt and get stronger.
Study shows that athletes get significant improvements in athletic performance and in joint comfort after consuming collagen. As the beef bone broth contains a huge amount of collagen, you can add it in your regular diet to keep your joints strong and healthy.
4. Increase your energy level.
Nutrient-rich beef bone broth helps to improve motivation and increase energy levels. This golden liquid contains amino acids which can improve your mood. It helps to get better sleep at the night time which can ensure your good mood the next morning.
Especially the glycine is closely related to reduction and relaxation from anxiety. Minerals like magnesium and calcium also help with energy production.
5. Amino acids
Collagen is the most prolific animal protein. It contains amino acids proline and glycine. These amino acids are essential for healthy connective tissues such as elastin and cartilage.
Collagen is such kind of compound which primarily consist of hydroxyproline, proline, and glycine. These compounds make up almost 99 percent of the total protein in the human body.
6. Fill the gap of diet
Now a day’s people are very concern about their health. For a healthy lifestyle, perfect diet and exercise are essential. But today’s modern diet plan sometimes fails to make the balance of the right amount of protein distribution.
The organic beef bone broth is the ideal food for providing the right amount of protein. As it is rich in phosphorous, potassium, magnesium other essential minerals, it can be the perfect food for your daily meal.
The beef bone broth is a powerful drink which has plenty of health benefits. The recipe of the beef broth is quite simple and similar as like as chicken and lamb bone broth recipe. Just make a large branch of beef bone broth and store for a few days. Enjoy your worm golden drink in your daily meal and stay healthy.